It’s been awhile since we podcasted here at Aaron Torres Sports, but it only seems appropriate that with my return, I make it for a special occasion. Well, that is exactly what we have today, as our old friend Barrett Sallee from the Bleacher Report talks about his interview from earlier this week with the nation’s No. 1 high school recruit in the class of 2013, Georgia defensive end Robert Nkemdiche (you can watch the interview here).
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
This is a bit of a shorter podcast than usual, but Barrett brings the goods as always, discussing Nkemdiche, his college choice and more, starting with:
- After originally stating that he’d commit this spring, Nkemdiche decided to put things off until the fall. Why was that? And what does it say about the character of Nkemdiche to wait?
- Why the most important variable in his college decision could have nothing to do with college at all, but instead with how pro scouts project Nkemdiche at the next level. Will he be a 3-4 linebacker or a 4-3 defensive end? And how the answer to that question, may decide his college fate.
- If he is projected as a 4-3 defensive end, does that mean that Alabama is out of the mix completely? And if so, is there anything Nick Saban can do- using his wealth of NFL knowledge- to help sway the kid the other way?
- After saying that he’d like to visit a couple schools outside of SEC country, is there any chance Nkemdiche could end up going far away from home? Do schools like Texas, USC or Oregon stand a chance in landing him?
- With his brother already on the roster, could Ole Miss potentially land the No. 1 recruit in the country?
- And finally, where does Barrett think Nkemdiche will end up after making his decision a year from now?
Folks, over the next nine or so months you’re going to hear a lot about the recruitment of high school football superstar Robert Nkemdiche, but why listen to others when you can instead get information straight from someone who talked to him earlier this week? Barrett Sallee is that guy, and if you’re a fan of a school recruiting Nkemdiche, this is worth a listen.
Speaking of which, as always you can access this interview in any number of ways. If you can’t listen to the show live here, you can always download it straight from iTunes, just by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
And finally, please remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Regardless, I want to quickly thank Barrett again for joining the show, and thank you for taking the time to listen.
Until next time…